Town History

Officially incorporated in 1990, Thompson's Station, Tennessee was first settled in 1799 by pioneers from Virginia and North Carolina. As a result of the central location, one of these settlers, Dr. Elijah Thompson was successful in securing the necessary funds for the now historic railroad that once supplied the area with growth and development through its shipping ability. In his honor, the area became known as Thompson's Station in 1856.

A replica of Thompson's Station's original train depot stands today as the heart of this small town where locals and visitors convene regularly at the Thompson's Station Restaurant, also conveniently located next to Town Hall.